The TAURUS PRECIOHM ET is one of the specially designed products by TAURUS to measure earth resistivity and earth resistance in a power station. These tests are performed based on 4 point (Wenner) and 3 point (fall of potential) methods respectively. All electrical equipment in the substation and power stations are electrically connected to station earth mat with earth electrodes. The earth electrode ensures that in the event over voltage on the system due to system fault or lighting discharges etc., the parts of the equipment which are normally ”dead” as far as voltages are concerned; do not attain dangerously high potentials. An earth electrode will only be effective so long it has a low resistance to the earth and can carry large currents without deteriorating. Thus the resistance of earth electrode should be low to give good protection and it must be continuously measured and monitored in all the substations and power stations.
PRECIOHM ET is a portable system specially designed to measure earth resistance & resistivity for substations and power stations. PRECIOHM ET has a wide measurement range (0to 2k ohms) and is immune to power frequency interference and its harmonics. The instrument is designed to operate in a highly induced environment and to give highly stable, reliable, repeatable readings in the power station with its strong capability of noise & leakage current/voltage suppression.
- High Accuracy
- Automatic suppression of all noise and leakage currents
- Metallic shielding to suppress EMI interference and EMC compliance
- Dynamic measurement
- Rock steady, reliable and repeatable readings in power station environment
- High capacity battery for long and continuous operation
- Designed to be immune to power frequency and its harmonics
- Principle of operation: Fall of potential (3 point) for earth resistance & wenner’s method (4 point) for earth resistivity.
- Application Soil resistivity and ground resistance measurement
- Range: 0.01Ω to 2 kΩ
- Voltage output: 250V
- Frequency: 128 Hz
- Short circuit current: 20mA
- Measurement Accuracy: +/- 2%
- Graphic LCD display with high resolution
- 12V, 7Ah rechargeable maintenance free battery for long and continuous operation
- IP 67 pelican casing
- Operating and storage temperature: -10º to + 50ºC
- Memory: automatic storing of 1000 results