Circuit Breaker Time Interval Meter
What is a circuit breaker?
A circuit breaker is a switching device that interrupts the abnormal or fault current. It is a mechanical device that disturbs the flow of high magnitude (fault) current and in additions performs the function of a switch. The circuit breaker is mainly designed for closing or opening of an electrical circuit, thus protects the electrical system from damage.
There are many types of circuit breakers on the basis of the medium of arc extinction such as Oil circuit breakers, Minimum circuit breakers, Air blast circuit breakers, Sulphur hexafluoride circuit breakers, Vacuum circuit breakers, Air break circuit breakers.
Why Circuit Breaker Time Interval meter Important?
Measuring contact timings is useful for finding the contact bounces and non-simultaneity of contacts. This helps in finding the possible electrical or mechanical defects in the circuit breaker contacts. Timing analysis also make it possible to detect incorrect mechanical adjustments and wear phenomena of the circuit breaker by measuring the differences between the fastest and slowest phases.
CTIMe by Crest
C TIMe is a portable timer that has been specially designed for accurately measuring the closing, opening, C-O times, and motor current duration of all types of circuit breakers, contactors, and load break switches. It has a rugged construction that allows it to be operated under hostile EHV switchyard conditions and offers reliable measurements for periodic maintenance and inspection.
- Operation of Circuit breaker through accurate electronic circuitry
- Measurement of operation times of 3 phases simultaneously.
- Operations performed : C, O and C-O.
- Timing measurement of C, O & C-O (in ms).
- Number of bounces and total bounce duration measurement facility (in ms).
- Contact mismatch measurement facility (in ms).
- Supplied in a carrying case along with 5 meters test leads
- Auto recloser cycle O-0.3Sec-CO-3Min-CO operation (performance check only).
- Battery operated - Operation without mains supply (continuous operation for 6- 7 hours with fully charged battery).
- Inbuilt result storage facility along with date and time stamp for up to 75 records (1 record = 1 operation).
- PC software for downloading records Ÿ Compact thermal printer.