Tower Footing Impedence, Inductance & Resistance Measuring instrument
An innovative product of TAURUS
PREZIOHM TFR is an innovative product of TAURUS designed to measure impedance along with resistance of transmission line tower footing without disconnecting the overhead earth wire. The tower Earthing has important role in
- Reducing the number of faults in power system.
- Dealing with effects of proximity between power system and railway or telecommunication systems
- Ensuring the safety of people near tower.
- Designed to operate in a highly induced environment and to give highly stable, reliable, repeatable readings with its strong capability of noise & leakage current/voltage suppression.
- Wide measurement range (0 to 2K ohms).
The guide IEEE 81-1983 in their numeral 12.6 suggests that the transmission lines tower footing measurement should be implemented with a high frequency ground resistance meter, which operates at 25 KHz.
- Measures impedance along with inductance & resistance of the transmission line tower footing without isolating overhead earth wire
- Automatic suppression of all noise and leakage currents.
- Metallic shielding to suppress EMI interference and EMC compliance.
- Dynamic measurement
- Rock steady, reliable and repeatable readings in induced environment.
- High capacity battery for long and continuous operation.
- Principle of operation : Fall of potential (3-point method) with high frequency.
- Application : Soil resistivity and ground resistance measurement.
- Range : 0.01Ω to 2 k-Ω
- Voltage output : 250V
- Frequency : 25 kHz as per IEEE 81-1983
- Short circuit current : 20mA
- Measurement Accuracy : +/- 5%
- OLED display with high resolution
- Li-Ion rechargeable maintenance free battery for long and continuous operation.
- IP 67 pelican casing
- Operating and storage temperature: -10º to + 50ºC
- Memory: automatic storing of 1000 results
- Download to PC with GPS – Optional