HVPD Kronos Spot Tester
The PDS Insight™ is a portable on-line PD detection unit for condition-based maintenance and substation access safety. Simple to use, our PDS Insight™ handheld unit can be placed in the palm of your hand for safe, reliable testing of MV electrical assets.
This portable diagnostic test unit is designed for detecting PD in all types of in-service plants.
The spot tester is a six-channel, synchronous, battery-powered test unit with a rugged and compact design optimised for field portability.
Quick and easy to set up, it detects the early stages of insulation deterioration, providing an early warning against MV and HV insulation faults, and supports condition-based maintenance schemes, reducing unplanned outages, downtime and maintenance costs.
Features and Benefits
- Compact, robust and easily transportable system.
- Battery powered: 8+ hours of operation for testing at remote locations without the need for power supply.
- Synchronous data capture on 6 channels enables advanced OLPD identification and noise separation for an accurate PD diagnostic.
- measure in noisy environments and testing more assets at the same time.
- Data acquisition and advanced diagnostic analysis is performed with HVPD Kronos® software.
- Software displays data in real time, providing immediate feedback about the insulation condition.
- Shorter re-visits: HVPD Kronos® software can recall previous setup.
- Compatible with HVPD’s new OLPD mapping and the HVPD Portable Transponder System for PD site location on cables.
- Available with a wide range of PD sensors for testing multiple applications.
- Integrated software selectable hardware filters.
- Available with a tailored training course to meet customers’ requirements.
- A complimentary reporting service package with data analysis for 25x files in the first year after purchase.
- Trend spot test data over multiple visits.
|PD Data Capture and Processing System|
|Analogue bandwidth||50 MHz|
|Sample memory (one channel)||2MPt|
|Minimum pulse rise time||10 ns|
|Sample rate||100 MS/s|
|Input channels||6x synchronous|
|Input connection type||BNC|
|Input filters (high pass)||50-60 Hz / 100 kHz / 200 kHz|
|Suitable PD sensors||HVCC, HFCT, TEV, AA, SMART-TB3™, BTA|
|Data capture method||Synchronous acquisition on 6x channels|
|Number of events captured per cycle||1000|
|Trace length in each data capture||20 ms (50 Hz power cycle)|
|Trigger||Automatic, AC line supply, internal mains field detector, external input|
|Trigger frequency||25 – 500 Hz|
|Battery life (in use)||8 hours|
|Battery life (standby)||1-week Interface USB to laptop|
|Dimensions (width, height, depth)||235 x 473 x 419mm|
|Weight||Main unit:< 10 kg|
|perating temperature range||-20°C – +55°C|
|IP rating (transporting)||IP57|
|Standard Scope of Supply|
|Scope||6x 10m coaxial cable (RG223),2m IEC mains cord, 5m earth cable.|
|PD pulse waveshape event recognition to remove noise||YES|
|Signal processing/noise reduction|
|Pulses are separated automatically by the knowledge-based, pulse wave shape analysis software into the following four categories: cable PD, remote plant/ machine PD, local/ switchgear PD, noise|
|PD peak level, cumulative PD activity and PD Count , 2D and 3D PRPD, plots. Chart, tables and trend view. Colour- based condition criticality rating, 2D and 3D projected events, multiple monitoring experiment|
|Service contract options||YES|
|Service contract options||YES|
|Automatic report||PDF report automatically generated|
|Laptop Specification (minimum)|
|Operating system||64 Bit Windows OS|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Screen resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Hard disk||200 GB|