DC EARTH LEAKAGE MONITORING IN UN-EARTHED SYSTEM
Herewith we would like to introduce our new launch, DC Earth Leakage Monitoring device for un-earthed system (ELTRAK) for DC Distribution Board Panel Manufacturers.
Incorporation of the device in DCDB can benefits to resolve the below addressing problems after installation at Client site.
DC system grounds can result when a conduction path is formed from either the positive polarity of the system to earth ground or the negative polarity to earth ground. Some common sources of low resistance to ground include:
- Moisture in conduit.
- Junction boxes or switch/sensor terminations.
- Wire splices soaking in water.
- Degraded cable or wire insulation caused by aging.
- Environmental conditions.
- Wild habitat and constant abrasion from vibration.
- Sharp objects piercing cable and wire insulation.
- Wires that have pulled out of their terminations and touch ground or water.
- Failed capacitors or semiconductor surge suppressors.
- Earth Leakage Monitor is one of the most important devices used in DC power systems like battery chargers AC-DC converter system, DC-DC converter system and DCDBs.
- Taurus ELTRAK enables quick detection of the earth faults hence prompt corrective action can be taken.
ELTRAK is a live DC earth fault monitoring system. Depending on system voltage, Different models are available. One ELTRAK will be connected to one feeder in the DCDB system and it will be monitoring the condition of the respective feeder. In case of fault, it will be giving LED indication along with the earth leakage current value in the display along with the polarity. External terminals are provided to integrate to alarm or other actuators. It is not a battery operated devise. It must be powered from an external source preferably from the same DCDB system.
Battery Operated Device
- Earth leakage current monitoring and protection of DC power supply systems
- Every outgoing feeder can be monitored individually
- Local and Remote alarm annunciation
- Selectable leakage current range (1mA, 5mA, 10mA…..)
- Display for leakage current monitoring and range selection
- Reliable and rugged as any short circuit at load end will not affect the system configuration
- Low power consumption
- Power Supply: (a) ELTRAK 100: 20-100V DC and (b) ELTRAK 400: 30-400V DC
- Leakage Measurement: up to 200mA DC
- Resolution: 0.1mA DC
- Accuracy: ±1%
- Power Consumption: 2W
- Relay Contact rating: 230V/2A AC/DC
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- Annunciation: LED and Relay Contacts
- Dimensions in mm: 70 X 50 X 112
- Weight: 250g